Live Webcast May 18: Learn Tips and Tricks for EPA Methods 200.8 and 6020 Using ICP-MS
LIVE WEBCASTThursday, May 18, 2017 at 11am EDT | 8am PDT | 4pm BST | 5pm CEST
All attendees will receive a FREE executive summary of the webcast! EVENT OVERVIEW
Inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) is one of the most powerful techniques used for elemental analysis in environmental applications. It provides the advantages of low detection limits, easy quantification, and high throughput. However, experience and best practice are necessary to best use the technique. This webcast series focuses on both routine regulatory monitoring (Part I) and solutions to improve productivity and overcome the challenges of high-matrix samples (Part II). In addition, we will discuss the use of triple quadrupole ICP-MS to meet the needs of environmental researchers and specialty environmental applications. The webcast will cover the following:
- Environmental regulations in both the U.S. and Europe
- Tips and tricks on EPA Methods 200.8 and 6020
- Autodilution for productivity improvement for high-matrix samples
- Advanced environmental sample analysis using triple quadrupole ICP-MS
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the regulations and analytical methods for trace element analysis.
- Learn tips and tricks using ICP-MS for EPA Methods 200.8 and 6020.
- Explore ICP-MS method development and options for challenging samples.
- Learn about solutions to improve instrument uptime when running heavy-matrix samples.
Who Should Attend
- Operators who are handling environmental samples of different matrices.
- Users who are new to ICP-MS method development and want to learn tips and tricks.
- Lab technicians who work with regulatory methods using ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
- Contract laboratory supervisors responsible for sample throughput and instrument uptime.
- Water district lab managers and operators who are interested in improving instrument efficiency.